Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What's happening in your church?

I am very interested in hearing from you about what is happening in discipleship forming in your congregation.  I have been concerned about discipleship my whole ministry.  How do we pass on the faith practices?  What ways are persons "apprenticed" as disciples of Jesus?  I believe there are as many ways to disciple persons as there are disciples.  I also believe that discipleship is very much a relational practice.  We grow together when we share together. 

Churches are beginning to seek new ways of disciple-forming.  By this I don't mean only getting someone to the point of baptism.  I see disciple-forming as a life-long continual process.  We are meant to be growing as disciples all of our lives.  We grow closer to God.  We grow closer to one another.  And we grow in our own self understanding.

What is your congregation doing to enable persons to be growing as disciples of Jesus?  Share with me and others.  I hope this can become a dialogue of persons who care deeply about helping disciples grow throughout their lives.  Share your story.  Share what help keep you growing.  Share resources that you have found helpful.  Share what practices your congregation is using.

No comments:

Post a Comment